Wednesday, April 18, 2007

C es por Cobayo


Long before conceiving of names for children I had the names for my next guinea pigs picked out.

Noor Epinephren &
Sarah Tonin

I do think my daughter is cute. Truth be told, I am a sucker for her cuteness. Just ask me what time it is? 1 a.m., 1:30 a.m., 2: 40 a.m., 3 a.m., 3:30 a.m. . .

I must say, however, that I think guinea pigs are outrageously adorable. (and, no guinea pig has ever kept me up all night.) Just look at it. All belly with tiny feet, cute little eyes and a friendly nose sticking out. Anchored by a belly. Really, the overwhelming majority of a piggie is belly. They are necessarily rotund. A guinea pig defies the very idea of a waist. I have only love for such a creature.

I will remember that portly, hairy mammals (mostly belly with stubby appendages) are loved by all good people (even those with allergies.) Pouring myself into my bathing suit I shall channel the piggie.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

But they have scary sharp little teeth that easily pierce human skin. And they have no ability to not shit on you.

I know I am a total nay-sayer and bubble-burster. Sorry. But I find small rodents upsetting.

Remember when I took care of yours for a week? It was fine, as long as I didn't have to handle them.

At the same time, I never really got your attachment to guinea pigs until I read this and studied the picture while reflecting on your description. And I have to admit, the picture sort of grew on me. I saw some cuteness, with the "friendly" nose and the belly. Hmm.

Anonymous said...

sharp little teeth that easily pierce human skin & no ability to not shit on you also applies to my daughter and yet I happily let her chew away (and poop and puke)

And I think we still owe you for the piggie sitting you did while we were in texas. Come over some time & have dinner.